Fluids in New Zealand (FiNZ) is a research workshop for discussing fluid mechanics in the broadest sense. FiNZ 2019 will be hosted by the University of Otago from Thursday 31 January to Friday 1 February 2019.
FiNZ provides a forum to facilitate the dissemination of ideas across the different branches of fluid mechanics, and to promote interdisciplinary collaborations between New Zealand scientists. The idea is to mix experienced researchers with postgraduate students, structured talks with open discussions, and experimentalists with theorists.
The conference will be held in Moot Court Lecture Theatre, Richardson Building.
We are pleased to announce the following confirmed invited speakers:
- Prof. Christina Hulbe➶ (Surveying, University of Otago)
- Dr. Ashton Bradley➶ (Physics, University of Otago)
- Prof. Shaun Hendy➶ (Physics, University of Auckland)
- Dr. Julia Mullarney➶ (Science and Engineering, University of Waikato)
Local organising committee
- Fabien Montiel➶ (Mathematics)
- Sam Lowrey (Physics)
- Alice Harang (Marine Science)
- Sarah Wakes➶ (Material Science/Mathematics)
Dept of Mathematics and Statistics
University of Otago
P.O. Box 56
Tel: 03 479 7899