This study investigates residential property sales in North Shore City, Auckland, between 1999 and 2007.
This video requires a web browser capable of HTML5 video.
TasksThe video explores the Excel data file North Shore 99-07 December.xls which has 3788 property sales from 1999 to 2007. A number of tasks are suggested below. There is a teachers’ copy of some answers to the tasks in the file PropertySales-TeachersCopy.xls
The tasks are described in the following files:
- Task 1.pdf: Descriptive statistics of continuous variables
- Task 2.pdf: Exploring how the property market is performing
- Task 3-StatPro.pdf: Comparing the median selling prices using boxplots (instructions for StatPro+Excel)
- Task 3.pdf: Comparing the median selling prices using boxplots (instruction for Excel)
- Task 4.pdf: Difference between the List Price and the Selling Price
- Task 5.pdf: Difference between the Selling Price and the Government Valuation
- North Shore 2007.xls : with 6437 entries from 2006 to December 2007
- North Shore 2008.xls : with 9281 entries from 2006 to December 2008