Directors of Study
Directors of Study can help you plan your course structure or sort out problems with clashes, assessment and access to resources.
You may wish to see them in person for more complex issues, but you can also email them, or use the enquiry form below.
Director of Studies: Dr Robert Van Gorder
Contact him regarding 100-level maths papers, such as:
- “Which paper is right for me?”
- “Is my background sufficient for this paper?”
- “What other papers should I take with Math160?”
Director of Studies: Dr Jörg Hennig
Contact him regarding 200- and 300-level maths papers and degree structure, such as:
- “Do I have the right prerequisites?”
- “How many more points do I need for my degree?”
- “Can I complete my degree next year?”
Postgraduate Maths: Honours and Diplomas
Director of Studies: Dr Florian Beyer
Contact him if you are thinking Honours Maths or a Diploma (e.g. PGDipSci). He will provide advice about which papers and modules to take, how many points you will need, whether you can do a joint programme, and so on.
Postgraduate Maths: MSc and PhD
Director of Studies: Professor Boris Baeumer
Contact him concerning MSc and PhD postgraduate degrees in mathematics.
You can also contact the Department by using this online form.