The Statistics in Ecology and Environmental Monitoring (SEEM) 2015 meeting, hosted by the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Otago, will be held in Queenstown at the Crowne Plaza hotel from 21-26 June.
Queenstown is the premier tourist resort town in the spectacular mountains of New Zealand’s South Island. It is serviced by international flights direct from Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, as well as flights from major NZ cities. It is the perfect spot for those who wish to explore New Zealand’s natural beauty pre- or post-conference.
The scientific programme of the conference will run from Monday 22 June to Friday 26 June inclusive, and a welcome reception will be held on the evening of Sunday 21 June.
- Ken Pollock, North Carolina State University : The robust design : Historical comments, goodness of fit tests, and future directions. Regrettably Ken can no longer attend the SEEM meeting due to personal reasons. Richard Barker, University of Otago, has kindly agreed to fill in as invited speaker.
- Andy Royle, USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center : Spatial capture-recapture with partial information on individual identity
- Kerrie Mengersen, Queensland University of Technology : Immersive virtual environments: extracting expert information to support Bayesian spatial modelling and analysis
- David Warton, University of New South Wales : The case of the missing model: the modernisation of multivariate analysis in ecology
- Shirley Pledger, Victoria University, New Zealand : Visualising ecological community data: a unified statistical method
- Murray Efford, University of Otago : Density-dependent home range and the informative parameterization of spatially explicit capture–recapture models
- Bryan Manly, Manly-Biostatistics Ltd : Statistical consulting experiences in the USA: Marine mammals, birds and fish in and around water
Online registration is now open. You can register your interest straight away with payment following later. A payment link is provided at the end of your registration confirmation email.
Please note, early bird rates apply to payment date, not date of registration.
|Up to 30 April||From 1 May||On site|
In the event of you having to cancel your registration after payment, email us immediately. Refunds will only be made for cancellations received before 1 June and will be subject to a cancellation fee (normally $200). These will be made after the conference.
The deadline for abstract submission (28 February) has now passed. We will, however, consider further abstracts on a case by case basis.
Abstracts can be submitted using the link provided in the email that confirms your registration.
The duration of talks for each category is noted on the programme.
Notification of abstract acceptance will be sent by 31 March 2015.
Peer-reviewed conference proceedings will be published as an unaffiliated online collection. All talks presented will be eligible for peer review. If you wish to have your full paper included in the proceedings, you may upload it using the link which will be provided in due course.
Deadline for paper submission is 31 July 2015.
Booking of accommodation is the responsibility of the registrant.
Several rooms have been reserved at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at a specially negotiated rate. Please refer to the accommodation page for details of this and other accommodation options.
Pre-conference SECR workshop in Dunedin
Murray Efford will offer a 2-day advanced course on spatially explicit capture-recapture (SECR) modelling at the University of Otago, Dunedin, from 18-19 June. Participants should have experience of capture–recapture methods and be confident users of R. For further details of course content and registration, click here.
Contact usSEEM Administrator
Dept of Mathematics and Statistics
University of Otago
PO Box 56
Tel 03 479 7899